Thursday, February 26, 2015

Oil Painting, 24 x 36 inches
An autumn scene in the San Luis Valley in southern Colorado.

This painting and at least 20 others can be seen at my upcoming show at Evergreen Fine Art in Evergreen, Colorado.  The opening reception will be Saturday March 7 from 2 - 5 pm and the show will be up through March 28.

In the show I will be bringing my painting style to scenes of life in the West, and it is accordingly titled "A Western Life".  Some of the paintings (like this one) are of scenes that could have taken place 100 years ago, while others clearly evoke the West of today.  One of my favorite things to paint is the human figure in the context of a larger landscape or scene, and many of the paintings will do this.  Those who know my work know of my fondness for strongly-lit daytime scenes...there will be some here, but I will also be exploring other lighting situations including night scenes.

And that's probably enough said for the moment.  If you're in the area I hope you'll have an opportunity to stop by at the reception or at least see the show.  More information about the gallery can be found at www.evergreenfineart.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment