Sunday, January 4, 2009


This is the first of what I hope will be a series of posts which I'll call "Painting of the Week". This one was completed yesterday, Jan 3, and is 24" high and 30" wide. It is a scene of a country road in southern France...these roads are very often lined with trees known in the US as Sycamores, in England as Plane Trees and in France as Platanes. I actually started this painting over a year ago and had not worked on it since. I was not satisfied with the color and the edges between shapes but liked the composition, so I added a new layer of paint over everything without changing the design.

I will plan to post a new painting each week when I'm not out on the road somewhere. So, keep checking for new work and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely! It makes me wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shadows! This is wonderful, Rodgers! Can't believe such talent just in my own backyard (literally).

    ReplyDelete